Maximum Recovery-MINIMUM TIMe™

We have the experience to get the results you need


Scott Blumenshine Personal Injury attorney

Workers' compensation and third-party litigation

Thousands of men and women file workers' compensation claims each year in the Greater Chicago area, yet only a fraction of those claims are ever paid out. Why? Because most people don’t take one critically important step to protect their rights and ensure they receive the compensation they’re due: Start working with an experienced workers compensation attorney right away.

Workers' compensation coverage is designed to provide coverage for employees injured while on the job. When you receive any type of job injury, from a construction accident to a slip and fall to a vehicle collision while on the job, the law provides for your medical bills to be paid and your lost wages to be partially covered. However, the process is rarely so straightforward. 

Like most legal processes, filing a workers' compensation claim can be a complex process, and even a single misstep can result in your claim being undervalued or denied outright. Working with an experienced, knowledgeable attorney right from the start is the best way to make sure your rights are protected so you can receive all the benefits you deserve.

Workers' compensation claims

Medical bills

Illinois workers' compensation law requires your employer to pay for your reasonable and necessary medical care. But your employer’s workers' compensation insurance carrier is likely to dispute the definition of reasonable and necessary. In addition to a required examination by the company doctor, you are entitled to be treated by two doctors of your own choice. Any further treatment, including referrals to specialists, will be questioned and often denied. Our firm negotiates with the insurance company on your behalf to ensure that you receive the medical care that you need.

Disability payments

If you are unable to work due to your injuries, you are entitled to disability payments. You doctor may make an assessment of—

  • Temporary total disability (TTD). You are unable to work until your injuries heal, and you are entitled to two-thirds of your average weekly wage.
  • Partial permanent disability (PPD). Your injuries reduce your earning capacity for the rest of your life. A settlement amount must be determined to compensate for your reduced income.
  • Permanent total disability (PTD). Your injuries leave you unable to work at your established trade for the rest of your life. Your settlement or award must be large enough to permanently replace your income.

If your disability status is denied by the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, our lawyers represent you at an administrative hearing to appeal the decision. If your petition continues to be denied, we file a lawsuit to get you the appropriate compensation for your disability.

Lawsuits against other parties

Workers' compensation awards have limits by law, and may not be adequate to cover your losses. When this is the case, our construction lawyers and workers’ compensation attorneys examine the circumstances of your accident to determine if another party may have been responsible. Examples of negligent third parties include—

  • Vendors
  • Contractors
  • Machine manufacturers

Work with us to get compensation for your job injuries

At the Blumenshine Law Group, we work closely with men and women employed throughout the Greater Chicago area and Illinois helping them understand the process and take the steps they need to help ensure their rights are protected so they can receive the benefits and compensation they deserve. 

For a free consultation about your work injury case, contact one of our experienced attorneys at or call or text us at (312) 766-1000. We help people in the state of Illinois.

Free Case Consultation

Please provide your information to questions in the form or call



By submitting form you agree to receive email, SMS and phone communication from Blumenshine Law Group. The information contained in the website should not be considered legal advice. The best guidance for your specific legal issue is to contact one of our lawyers.